Saturday, July 02, 2005

The weekend's finds

I hit a couple garage sales and a thrift shop and found a few interesting things. I found a really nice monkey-pod wood "Leilani" brand serving platter. (Is that a real kind of wood?) It'll look really good with small banana or some other kind of leaves in it and topped with yummy pupu's. I have a dwarf banana tree indoors and when it comes time for a Tiki party, I'll use a few of the lower leaves. I really want to get a large banana tree to put out on our small deck out back. I'd keep it in a pot and bring it in during the cold winter months. I also found a Captain Morgan Private Stock tumbler kind of drinking glass, 2 really nice black serving plates from Thailand and a cool paper oriental lamp. The other day I found an Easter Island Trader Dick's tiger stripe Tiki Mug. It's probably very common, but It's my first one. I'm happy with my "finds"! I've been doing a lot of work on my "Tiki", Polynesian kind of deck. I put up new fun lights and it looks a lot better now. I have a mixture of pineapples, palm trees, lobster, sea shells, and banana lights. Looks like we're ready to party! I put my plumeria tree out there as soon as it was warm enough. It's doing pretty good. At least the spider mites are no longer bothering it! I hope it will bloom this year. It only bloomed once for me several years ago. I'll have to give it some more "flower" food. The blooms are great~they're large, beautiful and fragrant.

No comments: